Wednesday, May 22 2013 9:56 PM EDT2013-05-23 01:56:44 GMT
Nearly two years ago, Deborah Drewniak's family wasn't sure if she would be around after being severely injured in a texting and driving accident. Instead of focusing on herself, Drewniak wants to helpMore >>
A Vermont woman seriously injured by a teen, who was texting and driving, is trying to share her story with as many people as she can.More >>
Wednesday, May 22 2013 9:50 PM EDT2013-05-23 01:50:08 GMT
Magic Hat has filed a lawsuit against West Sixth Brewing because of its labeling. The Vermont based company says its copyrighted #9 label looks a lot like the Kentucky based company's products. MagicMore >>
Magic Hat has filed a lawsuit against West Sixth Brewing because of its labeling.More >>
Wednesday, May 22 2013 9:47 PM EDT2013-05-23 01:47:21 GMT
Between the deep blue seas off the horn of Africa and the Hollywood hills where film makers will tell his story, is Underhill Vermont,where Richard Phillips can be home and can be mostly private. Humble,More >>
Between the deep blue seas off the horn of Africa and the Hollywood hills where film makers will tell his story, is Underhill Vermont,where Richard Phillips can be home and can be mostly private.More >>
Wednesday, May 22 2013 7:29 PM EDT2013-05-22 23:29:35 GMT
We're celebrating a very special birthday tonight - the American Cancer Society is turning 100! As you may know, FOX44/ABC22 has teamed up with the organization because one of our own recently had a cancerMore >>
We're celebrating a very special birthday tonight - the American Cancer Society is turning 100!As you may know, FOX44/ABC22 has teamed up with the organization because one of our own recently had a cancer diagnosis. She's fortunately one of the ones who caught it early, and is doing well. More >>
Wednesday, May 22 2013 5:43 PM EDT2013-05-22 21:43:07 GMT
As boaters take to the water, biologists with the Vermont Fish and Wildlife Department want to remind people to use the spread prevention method. The recommended method will help reduce the spread ofMore >>
As boaters take to the water, biologists with the Vermont Fish and Wildlife Department want to remind people to use the spread prevention method.More >>
Wednesday, May 22 2013 3:34 PM EDT2013-05-22 19:34:21 GMT
The American Cancer Society is celebrating its 100th birthday. A press release says of the estimated 4,060 people diagnosed with cancer this year in Vermont, about 1 in 4 will be served with American CancerMore >>
The American Cancer Society is celebrating its 100th birthday.More >>
Wednesday, May 22 2013 3:02 PM EDT2013-05-22 19:02:05 GMT
The traffic lights at Dorset Street and Williston Road are malfunctioning. Police say the South Burlington Highway Department is working on fixing the problem. It may take crews a few more hours to fix.More >>
The traffic lights at Dorset Street and Williston Road are malfunctioning.More >>
Wednesday, May 22 2013 2:37 PM EDT2013-05-22 18:37:07 GMT
Here are some thunderstorm safety tips from the FOX44 & ABC22 SkyTracker weather team. A Severe Thunderstorm Watch means that conditions are favorable for storm development. As a result, you should remainMore >>
Here are some thunderstorm safety tips from the FOX44 & ABC22 SkyTracker weather team.More >>
Wednesday, May 22 2013 1:47 PM EDT2013-05-22 17:47:05 GMT
A boiling water advisory has been issued for some Montreal residents Wednesday. According to CBC, the boil water advisory, affecting more than 1 million Montrealers, covers all areas south of the MetropolitanMore >>
A boiling water advisory has been issued for some Montreal residents Wednesday.More >>
Wednesday, May 22 2013 11:51 AM EDT2013-05-22 15:51:34 GMT
The body of a Vermont man was found floating offshore of Lower Matecumbe Key, Florida Sunday. Florida police say the body was identified Monday as 55-year-old Mark Parent, of Enosburg, Vt. Someone calledMore >>
The body of a Vermont man was found floating offshore of Lower Matecumbe Key, Florida Sunday. More >>
Information contained on this page is provided by companies via press release distributed through PR Newswire, an independent third-party content provider. PR Newswire, WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith.
NEW YORK, March 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Written by the world's leading expert on LEVs, with the longest track record, this LEV report looks closely at global trends in their technology, manufacture and market drivers such as legislation. IDTechEx has added forecasts and other material. The analysis is balanced, with negative factors exposed such as several Chinese cities banning or severely restricting LEVs. The LEV industry is growing fast, with greatest strength in China today, but also clearly emerging fast in the rest of the world. Up until the last couple of years, ebike sales were concentrated in China, Japan, and the EU. In the last few years, nearly every nation has bought ebikes from China, and in some cases, the volumes are now significant. Sales will reach 130 million yearly before 2025, make it one of the world's largest industries. The 236 page report encompassing over 70 brands gives forecasts of sales numbers, unit prices and total market value for 2012-2022. 13 market drivers are balanced against many negative factors that are discussed in the report, which has 69 figures and tables and detail on standards and legislation.
LEVs are one of the largest and fastest growing electric vehicle markets. A Light Electric Vehicle LEV is a land vehicle propelled by an electric motor that uses an energy storage device such as a battery or fuel cell, has two or three wheels, and typically weighs less than 100kg. Most LEVs are and will remain ebikes. These are Power on Demand bikes controlled with a throttle. A significant percentage of ebikes sold are scooters in that they have the driver's feet rest on a platform - they are not straddled by the driver.
Today, the LEV industry is dominated by large bicycle companies, due to their access to distribution. We explain why, in the future, these companies will face major competition from, and may be pushed aside by car, motorcycle, and car parts companies. Supply chains for motors, batteries, chassis parts, and nearly every LEV component exist in Asia, primarily in China, Taiwan, Japan, and newly emerging South Korea. We reveal where the highest profits will be obtained in future and the opportunities in components as these change with lithium-ion batteries of several generations and supercapacitors being increasingly employed, for example. The more demanding future technical requirements of users and standards are investigated.
Adjoining sectors are also discussed such as heavy electric motorcycles and the bigger sector of mobility vehicles for the disabled, where ten year forecasts are presented. New crossover vehicles between LEVs and these sectors are presented.
Market Forecasts from IDTechEx This report includes forecasts for LEV numbers and market value from 2012 to 2022.
Free Electric Vehicle Encyclopedia when you purchase this report Electric Vehicle experts IDTechEx have encapsulated over ten years of research and analysis into an easy to digest electric vehicle encyclopedia. All the technologies are covered and supported with over 100 tables and illustrations and over 200 acronyms and terms are explained. This encyclopedia, worth $1,500, is given as a free PDF download when you buy this report.
1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY AND CONCLUSIONS 1.1. Forecast for numbers of LEVs sold globally to 2025 1.2. Pricing 1.3. Market value forecast 1.4. Reasons for growth 1.4.1. Competition and profitability 1.4.2. Opportunities 1.4.3. Typical requirement
2. INTRODUCTION TO LIGHT ELECTRIC VEHICLES 2.1. Definition of a light electric vehicle 2.2. The Industry of LEVs 2.2.1. Taiwan and China 2.2.2. Outside Taiwan and China 2.2.3. Too much cost cutting 2.3. Tricycles to reduce accidents and help policing
3. REQUIREMENTS FOR LEVS 3.1. How good does it have to be? 3.2. What retail price?
4. TYPES OF LEV AND REGULATIONS 4.1. What is an electric bicycle? 4.1.1. Pedelec 4.1.2. Power on Demand bikes and other categories 4.1.3. Electric vehicles for disabled and others 4.1.4. Power restriction 4.1.5. Notable regulations 4.2. Universal Technical Terms for Ebikes
5. MOBILITY FOR THE DISABLED - THE SECTOR WITH THE MOST COMPELLING AND ENDURING NEED 5.1. The demographic time-bomb 5.1.1. Ageing population and the dependent elderly 5.1.2. Laws make mobility easier 5.2. Types of mobility vehicle 5.2.1. Growth by new market segments 5.2.2. Interchina Industry Group China 5.3. Market drivers 5.3.1. Geographical distribution 5.3.2. Needs creating new segments 5.3.3. What is driving regional differences? 5.3.4. Zhejiang R&P Industry China 5.3.5. Pride Mobility, USA 5.4. Listing of manufacturers 5.5. Market forecasts 2012-2022 5.5.1. Growth by creating new markets
6. LEV TECHNOLOGIES 6.1. Battery Technology - as currently used in LEVs, on a pack level 6.1.1. SVRLA strengths and weaknesses 6.1.2. Battery packagers 6.1.3. Battery Packs from China 6.1.4. Power management and user interface 6.1.5. Electric motor controller 6.1.6. Motor Controls: 6.1.7. Accessory features: 6.1.8. Chinese Coin Charger 6.1.9. Energy harvesting 6.1.10. User Interface 6.1.11. Real Time Data Logging and Reporting 6.1.12. Infrastructure challenges and Government incentives 6.2. Examples of battery suppliers to this sector 6.2.1. Advanced Battery Technologies (ABAT) China 6.2.2. Leyden Energy USA 6.2.3. PowerGenix USA 6.2.4. ReVolt Technologies Ltd Switzerland 6.2.5. Toshiba Japan
7. LEV STANDARDS AND COMPONENT INDUSTRIAL TRENDS 7.1. Standards Efforts 7.2. Component industry trends 7.3. LEV electric motor industry 7.4. Controller industry 7.5. Wiring harness and connectors
8. LEV MARKETS, MARKET DRIVERS AND FORECASTS 8.1. Markets by territory 8.1.1. China 8.1.2. Japan 8.1.3. India 8.1.4. Europe 8.1.5. USA 8.1.6. Worldwide 8.2. Markets by providers 8.3. Bicycle Brands with ebikes or expected to have ebikes soon: 8.3.1. USA 8.3.2. European Bike Brands 8.3.3. Netherlands brands: 8.4. Channels of distribution 8.5. Market forecasts and drivers 8.6. Drivers of market 8.6.1. Fuel price 8.6.2. Fuel availability 8.6.3. Efficiency 8.6.4. Cost of government subsidy 8.6.5. Traffic congestion 8.6.6. Parking congestion 8.6.7. Urbanization 8.6.8. Air pollution 8.6.9. Government regulation 8.6.10. Personal responsibility 8.6.11. Total cost of ownership 8.6.12. Aging populations 8.6.13. Living in apartments 8.6.14. Negative factors 8.6.15. Bans in Malaysia and elsewhere?
APPENDIX 1: IDTECHEX EV PUBLICATIONS AND CONSULTANCY APPENDIX 2: LISTINGS OF LEV BRANDS, OEMS, COMPONENT MAKERS APPENDIX 3: ADDITIONAL REGULATORY SUPPORT