Information contained on this page is provided by companies via press release distributed through PR Newswire, an independent third-party content provider. PR Newswire, WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith.
SOURCE Research and Markets
DUBLIN, March 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/jhtl3x/transdermal_pain) has announced the addition of the "Transdermal Pain Management to 2016. Products, Markets, Forecasts and Opportunities" report to their offering.
As life expectancy in the developed world increases and populations age, the incidence and associated morbidity of chronic and acute pain is increasing and placing a higher level of emphasis on pain management as a quality-of-life issue for patients and their families. Responding to this trend, drug developers are increasingly turning to transdermal formulations of pain management drugs. Because it has the potential to improve drug therapy compliance, transdermal delivery addresses a key healthcare issue - one that is particularly problematic in aging populations and developing economies. Currently approved transdermal pain products include narcotics, NSAIDs, and topical anesthetics. These patches and gels will encounter competition from development-stage transdermal formulations for a number of pain medications presently being marketed in oral or parenteral form. Several of these development programs involve international partnerships designed to take advantage of perceived opportunities in regional markets.
- Analyzes and evaluates the global market opportunity for transdermal pain management and assesses the probable impact of evolving regulatory, economic and demand factors
- Assesses transdermal products approved or in development for the delivery of therapeutic pain management drugs
- Provides detailed descriptions of pain management treatment segments, market factors, and business strategies
- Forecasts transdermal pain management product demand to 2016 by geographic region and product segment
- Profiles sector companies, their product development activities, supply chain partners, business strategies, and collaboration partners
Key Topics Covered
- Executive Summary
- Scope and Definitions
- The Pain Management Market Opportunity
- Evolution in Pain Management Guidelines
- Transdermal Drug Delivery Dynamics
- Transdermal Pain Management Patches
- Transdermal Pain Management Product Assessments and Market Prospects
- FDA Approved Transdermal Pain Management Products
- Transdermal Pain Management Market Factors
- Market Forecasts
- Market Participant Profiles
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/jhtl3x/transdermal_pain
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager.
U.S. Fax: +1-646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.