From Meteorologist Steve Glazier,
The latest information from the National Hurricane Center show the following for Hurricane Sandy:
This morning's updates continue to show an impact here in the Northeast early next week. There are still details to be ironed out such as rain totals, wind expectations, location of landfall, etc. However we are getting a much clearer picture of what to expect with the local impact of this storm.
I'm expecting a 70% likelihood of this system impacting our area with strong winds and heavy rain. Two days ago it was a 30% likelihood, yesterday 50%. The trend has been increasing during the last 48 hours.
Early thoughts are:
When looking at the morning updates, there are still multiple scenarios to what could happen. From the most recent data, here's what it looks like.
I've highlighted the one I believe to be most accurate, and the path I'm sticking with. Attached to the left (several box images one) is a picture of the GFS model, just one model out of dozens that are used to predict this storm.
It's still early in the game. The best thing to do now is get prepared for a just in case situation. The storm could still go out to sea, though the chances of that is around 10%. However it could go well to our south. The best bet is to get a game plan ready to ride out a potential storm. It's better to be safe than sorry. We'll be swinging out more updates as this storm approaches.