Click on a state for more detailed flu information and a link to the state's health department website.
Red: Widespread | Orange: Regional | Gray: Local | Blue: Sporadic | Green: No Activity | White: No Report
Data as of 2/01/2013
Details about the map classifications from the CDC:
- No Activity: No laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza and no reported increase in the number of cases of ILI.
- Sporadic: Small numbers of laboratory-confirmed influenza cases or a single laboratory-confirmed influenza outbreak has been reported, but there is no increase in cases of ILI.
- Local: Outbreaks of influenza or increases in ILI cases and recent laboratory-confirmed influenza in a single region of the state.
- Regional: Outbreaks of influenza or increases in ILI and recent laboratory confirmed influenza in at least two but less than half the regions of the state with recent laboratory evidence of influenza in those regions.
- Widespread: Outbreaks of influenza or increases in ILI cases and recent laboratory-confirmed influenza in at least half the regions of the state with recent laboratory evidence of influenza in the state.
U.S. Percentage of Visits for Influenza Like Illness (ILI)
Data from the CDC